2015-2016 TSU Tigers Basketball Schedule, Roster, & TV Information [UPDATED 12/24/15]

We'll see ..... it's not like we need him against PV lol.

You might want to share on all your platforms to all those who don't wanna drive to the country and risk being pulled over by racist Waller County cops they can watch the game live ... PV streams live all their home basketball games. Go Tigers

Last edited:
PV is TSU's kryptonite .... we should've won but we were 2 - 21 in from beyond the arc and terrible on the FT. For the second year in a row, we lost to PV in February when we were the heavy favorite.

But hats off to PV, they played well ... I was surprised and couldn't find much to critique them on unlike with us.

They were letting the guys play. I missed the tech, but he was probably frustrated at the score like I was lol!

The team's shooting overall was terrible, we didn't lead at any point the entire game, etc...

Boxscore: http://www.tsuball.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=1726

You throw out the records when it's a rivalry game, but sheesh. I won't say PV beat us, because honestly, we beat ourselves.

They were letting the guys play. I missed the tech, but he was probably frustrated at the score like I was lol!

The team's shooting overall was terrible, we didn't lead at any point the entire game, etc...

Boxscore: http://www.tsuball.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=1726

You throw out the records when it's a rivalry game, but sheesh. I won't say PV beat us, because honestly, we beat ourselves.

PV came ready to play but they're so stupid, they won't play with that same intensity for the rest of the season and will finish last. I never understand why they play so well against us and trashy against everyone else ... every game counts.

And yeah, like we totally choked .... it was hard for me to watch brick after brick. Like at a certain point you would think that it'll click to shoot higher percentage shots but it never did and we lost.

46-16 score against Grambling at the half and we let them come back to within 7 points. Clearly two different halves. Your thoughts?

We're squeaking by these games and it's making me uncomfortable come tournament time.

4 games left (Monday's game hosting Alabama State is on ESPNU) and we're 2.5 games ahead of 2nd place Alcorn who lost to Alabama State by 14 points yesterday, 3 games ahead of Jackson State who beat Grambling by 3 on Saturday, and 3.5 games ahead of Southern who lost to Alabama A&M by 12 yesterday.

We're squeaking by these games and it's making me uncomfortable come tournament time.

4 games left (Monday's game hosting Alabama State is on ESPNU) and we're 2.5 games ahead of 2nd place Alcorn who lost to Alabama State by 14 points yesterday, 3 games ahead of Jackson State who beat Grambling by 3 on Saturday, and 3.5 games ahead of Southern who lost to Alabama A&M by 12 yesterday.

There's no need to be concerned. We looked really good Monday (I watched the whole game while studying for midterms, ultimate multitasker). The only thing we need to be concerned about is Derrick getting kicked out the tournament for his temper or leaving the university after the season ends ... it's been circulating that he's being recruited again.

And with the tournament being in downtown Houston, our players don't have to worry about travel fatigue and trouble. I think we will be at our highest capacity for the tournament.

You called it, I had to cancel my hotel. Good season though, I think we will do better next season, and I'm excited to see who our new recruits will be b/c we have a good chuck of production leaving in May.

Moving on to baseball and Spring football now.

I didn't want to be right. :( I've always liked Coach Banks' ability to make adjustments and to prepare. I don't like Southern, but I respect Coach Banks.

NIT is next. Playing @ Valpo. Alec Peters is a dangerous 6-9 Forward who is averaging 18ppg & 8rpg. He's a 3pt shooter who we'll need to close out on, draws lots of fouls and is a high % FT shooter. He's #25 in the clip below.

Keith Carter is their #2 guy to watch out for and Vashil Fernandez is going to be Mutumbo under the basket. Sounds like they might want to be a zone D as they're going to have a height advantage, butttttt they're typically a man D & their team is beatable. They lost a heartbreaker in OT in their tournament championship, so their minds might not be in it -- we'll see.

Above all else, they have one of the top rated defenses in the country, holding teams to just 62.2 ppg & 38.1 FG%.

Here are their typical starters. Walker has a bad ankle so he won't be 100%.

Last edited:
I didn't even watch .... I knew we were gonna lose so he should've just declined the offer. We have been on a decline this past season compared to the last

Back