2015-2016 TSU Tigers Basketball Schedule, Roster, & TV Information [UPDATED 12/24/15]

Updated Schedule for the Hampton game... it is now at H&PE and will be our home opener!

THIS GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Last edited:
The SWAC Teams We Need to Worry About for 2016:
1) Southern University
2) Alabama A&M
3) Alabama State
4) PV only because they play the best ball of their year against us.

Everyone else don't matter, mock my words ... the top 4 teams will be us, SU, AAMU, Bama State.

The SWAC Teams We Need to Worry About for 2016:
1) Southern University
2) Alabama A&M
3) Alabama State
4) PV only because they play the best ball of their year against us.

Everyone else don't matter, mock my words ... the top 4 teams will be us, SU, AAMU, Bama State.
We were impressive against Southern... http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400847029

The only teams I were worried about were Southern(Sam/Prudhomme/Banks/Rodgers) & AAMU (Tabb/West/Thomas). I agree with you on PV though... can't underestimate that rivalry game.

Last edited:
We looked good last night against Alcorn State. Based on what I'm seeing so far, I think we have the SWAC championship in our hands .... the teams I thought that were gonna be a problem aren't doing so well. The new teams to look at seem to be Jackson State and Grambling State.

But I doubt if Derrick Griffin will be at TSU for a long time unless drastic changes happen. The way he reacted yesterday was very telling of his psyche ... long story short he does not have a good head on his shoulder and I'm sure surrounds himself with hip hop rapping weed smoking pants sagging tatted lazy trash. I was so disappointed by what happened, there was no need for him to do that .. hopefully Mike works on his replacement asap.

I thought we looked good in parts of the game but sluggish in a few other parts. We should've beaten Alcorn by more points and we let them get back into the game as if they had a fighting chance.

Derrick I think will be here for at least another year unless he transfers out to an FBS football program. He has more to prove on the football field for us and with our new HC, I think they can do damage if he stays 2 more years forgoing his senior season. I wouldn't go that far and assume that much, but it does show that we are a team. He's going to learn from it and hopefully move forward... Davis and anyone else in his ear have already told him he can't jeopardize his future.

I don't know... I think Jackson State's defense has yet to be tested in conference play and Grambling has been lucky in OT games at home. Southern and Alabama State will get their shit together.

Yeah you're right, we had sluggish moments but I contribute that to the fact we were way better and they just knew they were gonna win so they got lazy.

I don't think a P5 FBS program will take a chance on Derrick for one I doubt he has the grades to transfer and he's a liability considering his temper and track record. There's enough good player available that don't have those issues. But I honestly don't think he wants to leave, going to a FBS will be too much of a culture shock for him. Plus, seeing Tray Walker make it to the big leagues from TSU I believe makes him that much more comfortable in Houston. The only FBS programs that matter are those in the power conferences, all the other FBS programs might as well be FCS in my opinion.

Does anyone know whatever happened to Trae Jefferson and Zach Lofton are they sitting out this season. Is Derrick Griffin going to be able to play against PV.

Great question ... I think they're sitting out due to eligibilty issues if I had to guess. I think Derrick will be playing PooV ... I haven't seen any releases stating he's suspended even though he should be.

Does anyone know whatever happened to Trae Jefferson and Zach Lofton are they sitting out this season. Is Derrick Griffin going to be able to play against PV.
I believe Trae Jefferson just enrolled at TSU and should be here Spring semester. Zach Lofton I believe is sitting out (not sure the reason).

I didn't think he would be allowed, but I've heard Derrick Griffin will be eligible to play on Saturday. Not 100% sure of the call made on the floor

Here's the replay of the Texas Southern @ Jackson State Men's Basketball game:

Grambling WILL have live streams for today's games... I'll post here when they become available.

I'm aware that the video currently says "GSU Men v PVU" so I've asked the Grambling Athletic department if this was the correct link to stream later and it is.

Last edited:
I wish I knew there was a live link for GSU smh ... also be aware that PV and Alabama State live stream their games.

But we're looking good, undefeated .... let's keep it up guys. Not much to say so far.

I wish I knew there was a live link for GSU smh ... also be aware that PV and Alabama State live stream their games.

But we're looking good, undefeated .... let's keep it up guys. Not much to say so far.
I would've posted it sooner had I know about it. I'll post the full replays of the games tomorrow morning.

We should stream the games live as well .... i don't understand why basketball never had that option
We should (and might before the end of the year). I know TSU Athletics has ordered the equipment for one, and it's actually a conference initiative to stream all of the games.

Replays of the games at Grambling:
TSU Lady Tigers:

TSU Tigers:
Part 1

Part 2

Back