Where’s the Support for TSU Football?

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
Texas Southern University played a home game this past weekend against Southern and fell just short losing 31-24. The game kicked off Friday November 1st at 8:00pm. In my eyes, the most interesting part of TSU’s season is the lack of support from local fans.

Read the rest: http://forwardtimesonline.com/2013/index.php/sports/item/624-where%E2%80%99s-the-support-for-tsu-football

Nelson pid=443 dateline=1383834310 said:

Good News: We're actually currently 5th in the SWAC in home attendance so we're not the worst.

Bad News: However, the new stadium could've not come at a worse time. With the NCAA stipulations imposed on us, losing seasons (2011 - 2013), new coach, low profile recruits, having the 2010 'Ship taken away ... the football support and morale has seen better days.
So of course the attendance is going to be low, not to mention the student enrollment dropped by a thousand this year.  Homecoming festivities were a bust and continues to get worse every year ..... just there needs to be some serious changes spearheaded by the TxSU community.  Starting with ......

1) Better city-wide marketing of the games and keep them all at night.  More students & alums are free on a Sat night than Sat afternoon and traffic is better.
2) Create at least 2 more official classics per year (ideally SU and JSU)
3) Aggressively increase student enrollment
4) Strongly encourage the opposing school band to attend for a "band battle"
5) And last but not least recruit more quality football players ... sometimes it's too painful to watch them play.  At a Division I collegiate level, I expect more.

This problem can be fixed.  The TxSU community has well over 60,000 people with many of them being MOVERS and SHAKERS.  For example, fellow alum Michael Strahan who is constantly repping TxSU and putting us on during his TV show ... that helps with recruitment, enrollment etc. And fellow alum, MR. NELSON who created this great site TIGERFANS.NET which fosters a community that essentially strengthens the engagement and support of our Fighting Tigers and TxSU.

Back