TSUSports.com: TSU's Haywood Addresses Media Week Five

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member

Football | 9/25/2018 4:26:00 PM |

TSU's Haywood Addresses Media Week Five
SWAC Teleconference TSU Football Show
HOUSTON- Texas Southern head football coach Michael Haywood participated in the Weekly SWAC Teleconference on Monday as well as the TSU Football Show with Lary "Chattabox" Hale on Tuesday.

Please click the links above to listen to the audio of both segments in their entirety.

TSU Head Coach Michael Haywood (select quotes from teleconference)

On offensive line play against Houston

"It really gave the offensive line much needed confidence that we can block these guys even if they are a hard division, that we can really block these guys. I really think it gave them a lot of confidence because they played better than they played all year on the offensive line. The University of Houston kept blitzing all the way until the game was over, until we went to the locker room, which was interesting. But I think they did a good job."

On defensive play versus Houston

"For the first time since I've been here, there were some pads clacking and that was the first time since I've been here that we hit as hard as we hit."

On the Tigers upcoming opponent Alabama A&M

"We've already gotten into game plan mode. But it's really exciting to be able to go against Alabama A&M. I watched the Southern game yesterday when we got it. Two good football teams, they do a lot of good things. Alabama A&M also gets their tailback involved. They're trying to do some different things, get more guys involved in the game. I notice that several players that we looked for weren't in the game and they have been in previous games. I was looking for them yesterday, so guess I have to see what's going on with that moving forward."

Follow Texas Southern Athletics
For complete coverage of Texas Southern Athletics, please follow the Tigers on social media at @TigerFans (Twitter), Texas Southern University Athletics (Facebook), @TigerFans (Instagram) or visit the official home of Texas Southern Athletics at tsusports.com.

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back