TSUSports.com: Student-Athlete Spotlight: Hillary Maiyo Men's Cross Country

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member

Cross Country-Men | 9/25/2018 5:37:00 PM |

Student-Athlete Spotlight: Hillary Maiyo Men's Cross Country
HOUSTON- When the Texas Southern Men's Cross Country started the 2018 campaign the team had one common goal in their minds which was to compete for a SWAC Championship.
With the addition of Kenyan native Hillary Maiyo the team has drastically changed the makeup of their roster by adding a strong intelligent student-athlete that should be in the running for the individual league title while also boasting the Tigers' chance of capturing a team championship.

"I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the Men's Cross Country program here at Texas Southern University," said Maiyo.

"My major is Civil Engineering, which also one of the main reasons I wanted to attend TSU," added Maiyo. "Running and Civil Engineering are my passions which makes Texas Southern University a great fit. Since arriving here the coaching staff and my teammates have truly embraced me and their support along with that of my family back home has helped lead me through this period of transition."

This past weekend Maiyo and the Tigers Cross Country team competed at the Texas A&M Dale Watts Cross Country event hosted in College Station.

It was the team's first 8k of the season as Maiyo finished in 27th place with a time of 25:30.

Maiyo and his fellow teammates will now get set to compete at Houston Baptist University on Thursday, October 4th at 8:00 a.m.

Follow Texas Southern Athletics
For complete coverage of Texas Southern Athletics, please follow the Tigers on social media at @TigerFans (Twitter), Texas Southern University Athletics (Facebook), @TigerFans (Instagram) or visit the official home of Texas Southern Athletics at tsusports.com.

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back