Texas Southern University Tigers 2014 Football Schedule & Information

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
Texas Southern to Host 6 Football Games for the 2014 Season

HOUSTON - The Texas Southern Tigers' football schedule is set for the 2014 season.

TSU will start its third season at the 22,000 seat BBVA Compass stadium with six home games.

Texas Southern will host Texas College on Thursday, September 4th as the first home game of 2014.

"We added Texas College to complete our six home games for the season," said Dr. Charles McClelland, TSU athletics director. "We originally scheduled another FCS team but had to make adjustments because of scheduling conflicts. We appreciate Texas College agreeing to play as this late hour."

The rest of TSU's home schedule includes Alabama A&M on September 20th, Mississippi Valley on October 4th, then Arkansas-Pine Bluff for homecoming on October 25th, Grambling State on November 1st and we end the season with Jackson State on November 15th.

"I believe we have put together a schedule that benefits our season card holders and gives our fans plenty of opportunities to come out and support the Tigers football program and the university," Dr. McClelland said.

The first game of the season is the Labor Day Classic against Prairie View A&M. This season the game will be played on Sunday, August 31st in Reliant Stadium.

"Prairie View game is big for us," said TSU football head coach Darrell Asberry. "We understand the magnitude of this match-up and we will be ready."

The Tigers will play their second non-conference game against Central State (Ohio) on September 13 on the road. TSU also travels to Alabama State, Alcorn and Southern.

"We are really excited about the six home games, and the opportunity to show-off our talent in front of our fans," Asberry said. "We believe our 2014 recruits along with our previous two classes will put us in position to experience greater success."

Texas Southern's home games will again be broadcasted live on KHOU-TV Digital channel 11.2 the Bounce and taped delayed on Comcast SportsNet.

For information on season tickets for the 2014 football season, please call (713) 313-4355 or email us at [email protected]

[attachment=88]

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

DATE | OPPONENT | LOCATION | TIME/RESULT

Labor Day Classic
8/31/2014 | @ Prairie View A&M University | Houston, TX | 4:00pm W 37-35  Box Score

* 9/4/2014 Texas College Houston, TX 7:30pm W 52-14  Box Score

9/13/2014 | @ Central State-Ohio | Wilberforce, OH Nassau, Bahamas | 5:00pm W 30-16  Box Score

9/20/2014 Alabama A&M Houston, TX 7:00pm W 45-23  Box Score

9/27/2014 | @ Alabama State University | Montgomery, AL | 5:00pm L 3-38  Box Score

10/4/2014 Mississippi Valley State Houston, TX 7:00pm W 20-16  Box Score

10/18/2014 | @ Alcorn State | Alcorn, MS | 2:00pm L 25-40  Box Score

Homecoming
10/25/2014 
Arkansas-Pine Bluff / Homecoming Houston, TX 2:00pm

11/1/2014 Grambling State Houston, TX 5:30pm

11/8/2014 | @ Southern University | Baton Rouge, LA | 1:00pm

11/15/2014 Jackson State Houston, TX 5:30pm

* Denotes a HOME game

UPDATED 10/23: Scores added.

Attachments

• 2014 TSU Tigers Football Schedule.jpg
    2014 TSU Tigers Football Schedule.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2014 TSU Football Schedule.pdf
    196.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2014 Texas Southern Football Quick Facts.pdf
    128.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Overall Team Statistics.pdf
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Texas Southern University Roster 2014 Football.pdf
    83.2 KB · Views: 2
RE: Texas Southern University Tigers 2014 Football Schedule

One day want to see TSU in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge!!!!

dal4018 pid=694 dateline=1391805415 said:
One day want to see TSU in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge!!!!

It will never happen, we talked about this before a few months ago. It's always gonna be a MS or AL school since they're closest to FL.

[attachment=135]

Texas Southern Tigers Football set to face Central State in the Bahamas
NASSAU, Bahamas-The Texas Southern University Athletics Department announced today that the football teams' upcoming game versus Central State has been moved to Nassau, Bahamas.

The contest is slated to take place on September 13 at 5:00 pm at Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium.

"We're extremely excited to announce our partnership to play in Nassau," said TSU Director of Athletics Dr. Charles McClelland. "This game will give our fans the opportunity to watch exciting Tigers football in a city that is known as one of the premier tourist destinations in the world. This partnership will undoubtedly give us a great opportuntiy to showcase our brand of football as well as the electrifying Ocean of Soul Marching Band in a new region."

Travel packages for the event will be available starting June 1 and more information will be available in the next few days. For the latest breaking news regarding TSU Tigers football please continue to visit www.tsuball.com.
[attachment=132]
Courtesy: TSU Athletics

[attachment=134]
More info: http://www.thenassauguardian.com/sports/47559-more-american-football-to-be-held-in-the-bahamas

Attachments

• rp_primary_FB2614.jpeg
    rp_primary_FB2614.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 10285770_624758324268172_3306708291866967852_o.jpg
    10285770_624758324268172_3306708291866967852_o.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 10380010_624746694269335_7668697051540887410_o.jpg
    10380010_624746694269335_7668697051540887410_o.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4

i have not heard anything about this project i will ask around and see what i can find

Just got word that games will NOT be broadcast live on KHOU-2 as originally planned and instead are going to be streamed LIVE on YouTube... official announcement expected later today.

Official announcement: http://www.tsuball.com/news/2014/9/3/FB_0903143302.aspx?path=football

Streamed LIVE on YouTube and tape delayed broadcast on Comcast SportsNet. I don't have a link to the stream yet, but here's their channel for now https://www.youtube.com/user/TXSOSports

Here's the live streaming link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRd7W_HNqOs

Well guys we're at the mid-point of the season, and if you would have said before the season started we would be where we are, I would have looked at you like you just escaped from a mental ward.  Don't get me wrong I expected improvement, but not this much.  

It will be interesting the rest of the way now that injuries are taking their toll, there is plenty of game film for our opponents to study and what little depth we have is withering away.

The good thing is the players have gotten use to winning, play a full four quarters and believe in themselves.

If we can get beyond our slow starts on offense, part of which is caused by our other problem, which is picking up the blitz then we'll be just fine.  

The coaches will have to do a better job in practice with preparation for the blitz and their play calling when teams are showing the blitz.

Law Dawg said:
Well guys we're at the mid-point of the season, and if you would have said before the season started we would be where we are, I would have looked at you like you just escaped from a mental ward.  Don't get me wrong I expected improvement, but not this much.  

It will be interesting the rest of the way now that injuries are taking their toll, there is plenty of game film for our opponents to study and what little depth we have is withering away.

The good thing is the players have gotten use to winning, play a full four quarters and believe in themselves.

If we can get beyond our slow starts on offense, part of which is caused by our other problem, which is picking up the blitz then we'll be just fine.  

The coaches will have to do a better job in practice with preparation for the blitz and their play calling when teams are showing the blitz.

I love my Tigers but I didn't expect for our record to be what it is at this point. Yet and still our record is a bit deceiving.

It's really a down year in the SWAC, there's only two strong consistent teams and that's Grambling State and Alcorn State (now if we beat them, that's the validation we need to prove we real legit).  Our play hasn't been solid nor noteworthy so far.

And I'm still not sold on Ashbury and the discipline of the team.  However, I feel like with the scholarship restriction lifted next year, the talent will be deep and good enough to make up for most of the shortcomings and we'll be championship contenders which is what it's all about.

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
I love my Tigers but I didn't expect for our record to be what it is at this point.  Yet and still our record is a bit deceiving.

It's really a down year in the SWAC, there's only two strong consistent teams and that's Grambling State and Alcorn State (now if we beat them, that's the validation we need to prove we real legit).  Our play hasn't been solid nor noteworthy so far.

And I'm still not sold on Ashbury and the discipline of the team.  However, I feel like with the scholarship restriction lifted next year, the talent will be deep and good enough to make up for most of the shortcomings and we'll be championship contenders which is what it's all about.
It seems a bit deceiving until you consider we were picked to finish near the very bottom prior to the season, and we have won games we would have found away to lose just a year ago.  We're in unfamiliar territory at this point, but I wouldn't say winning against those teams necessarily make us legit because we are still rebuilding which accounts for our lack luster performance at times.  If we win one or both good, infact, very good.  Any given Saturday any team can win if they show up to play and their opponent takes them too lightly.  Realistically though, we had nothing to expect this year except demonstrable progress, and thus far that has been met.  Lets just enjoy the ride because we still have much to do before we have a formidable team.  By the way, you're coming down for homecoming?  

Maybe I was being optimistic before the season, but I personally expected at or above .500 at this point. 5-1 was a high end of my optimism. The hogs is where we needed the most improvement and we have improved and conditioned better this year due to restrictions being lifted. The talent was there to win last year with the QB/RB/WR/TE positions and the defense was what kept us in games as well. Mistakes hurt us and I saw that improving coming into the current year. We need to play mistake free football and still need to be better with our linemen on both sides of the ball to be an undefeated team right now. Consistency is key as well.

I still see us as a rebuilding team this year even with our record, but if you can rebuild and win at the same time then so be it. Whether it's a sloppy win or a flat blow out, a win is a win at the end of the day and that's all a recruit is going to care about.

With the upcoming games, I see us winning 3 for sure and 2 close-but-winnable games. We have some matchup advantages, but we have got to expose them -- ie: we had matchup advantages against Alabama State, but we didn't take advantage of them.

Spread the word about the homecoming ticket giveaway sponsored by TigerFans.net!

That sucks not being able to see TSU or PVAM on tv in the SWAC /MEAC challenge.Hey how are you guys doing Grambling today my Eagles lost to Bethune Cookman 34-20 we were up on them 14-7 we hit them for a big play a 50 yd bomb!!!! I hope we meet them again with a playoff berth on the line!!!!!

Back