Tenn State (the 2nd TSU) should join the SWAC

TXSUDFWTIGER

Tenn State is not flourishing in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC). If you look at the schools that won OVC championships over the past 3 years, you'll see Tenn State hasn't won not 1 in any sport. Sure they may be somewhat competitive in men's basketball but again they're still not bringing home any hardware. Furthermore, their attendance is best for a SWAC foe (annually their highest attended game is always versus Jackson State). So Tenn State fans apparently care more about beating other HBCUs, than beating the Eastern Kentucky Univ Colonels or some other irrelevant OVC school.

So it shouldn't be rocket science for them to leave the OVC where they are the only HBCU and join the SWAC right? If they are on their A game, we will be hearing them trying to seriously negotiate a deal within the next 3 years. The SWAC gets better national exposure with ESPNU and NBC (Bayou Classic), I rarely see OVC games nationally televised. The SWAC has better attended football and basketball games on average than the OVC. And last but not least the SWAC has more entertaining bands to compete with TnSU band, that's a "official" competition and bigger crowd drawer in itself.

I met several Tenn St alums and I'm almost sure they would be pleased with the transition. The SWAC is just more interesting than the OVC. Deal with it OVC lol.

I've heard rumors of them joining in the past few years... I think @[tsuball10] knows more than I do on the subject, but I could've sworn this was brought up before.

Nothing against the idea, but as a sidenote, how confusing would that be: TSU Tigers x 2 in one conference!

it was brought up before by the commish he actually extended a invite to tenn state but they declined if the SWAC was going to add any schools you it would prob be the likes of langston U and Tuskegee but i do not think they have the intentions of moving up at this time

I read something sometime ago that said Tenn St was and they moved to the OVC.I follow them as well through followers of the program on twitter and some have said poor coaching is the reason they have had no post season success.

dal4018 pid=525 dateline=1387034744 said:
I read something sometime ago that said Tenn St  was and they moved to the OVC.I follow them as well through followers of the program on twitter  and some have said poor coaching is the reason they have had no post season success.
Doesn't surprise me, the OVC is a boring conference.  The SWAC gets way more publicity & turnt up then them.

But no Tenn St has never been officially a member of the SWAC.

This would be a nice idea if the SWAC were still apart of the FCS post season.I think Tenn St should stay where it is right now.What conference was Tenn St apart of before joining the OVC????

Back