Omar Strong signs contract to play in the NBL

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
I'm a little late to posting this to the forums but it's been on our front page for a while now...

BULGARIA- Former Texas Southern University guard Omar Strong has signed a contract to play in the NBL in Bulgaria with the BC Beroe.

Strong was named the 2012-13 Southwestern Athletic Conference Player of the Year after capping off an amazing senior season in which he led the Tigers to a SWAC Regular Season Championship.

He finished the regular season second in the SWAC in scoring, averaging 17 points per game. He was the SWAC's top shooter from 3-point range knocking down 120 of his attempts (3.9 per/game). Strong also led the league in free throw shooting percentage, hitting 84 percent from the charity stripe.

"I'm really excited about this opportunity and I'm very proud to be a part of the TSU family," said Strong. "Thank you to all my coaches and the people at TSU that provided a great support system for me, the fans, my agent and my family for all their support."

"Omar is a professional scorer and no doubt that quality manifests into market value because every pro club in Europe needs that go to guy that can take over a game," said Gilad Berkowitz President of Berkowitz Career Ventures. "The situation he is in could not be better to showcase this quality with exposure to many of the powerful European clubs."

The league in which Strong will compete in is a league in which two of the clubs, Levski Sofia and Balkan both play in the Balkan league, one club Lukoil Academic plays in Eurocup, and one club, Rilski plays in Eurochallenge.

Courtesy: http://athletics.tsu.edu/news/2014/2/11/MBB_0211145341.aspx

I wish that were the NBADL instead in the states he plays like the 21st century version of Calvin Murphy

Back