Next on The Clock: MVSU Delta Devils

Law Dawg

TigerFans Premium
They are quiet in Itta Bena.  Coach Comegy didn't say much about Texas Southern during the coaches teleconference or during his weekly press conference.

I hope our guys realize you have to come play teams that are this hungry for a win.  Valley has beaten us three years in a row, and eight out the last ten meetings.

Here's a replay of the game in case you missed it.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEQ9HAZ0Jk8[/video]

We are now 3-1 in conference and 5-1 overall!

Here's the post-game interviews:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugjABPeGg8Q[/video]

Its good to get back in the win column, but that game was too close for comfort. Valley's defense was tougher than I anticipated, but after I took a look at their two deep roster I noticed it had a lot of upper class-men. We can thank Christophe's running ability, our defense and Valley's ability to shoot themselves in the foot for this one. What an ugly game it was, but I'll take the win. Next week is a bye-week and we definitely needed. Look where we are, the season is officially halfway over schedule-wise and we're 5-1. Go Tigers!

They saw what worked against us (the blitz) and tried to use it well.

What was up with the back and forth in the 1st half between Small and Christophe? I know Small is not 100%, but why throw everyone out of rhythm like that?

Nelson said:
They saw what worked against us (the blitz) and tried to use it well.

What was up with the back and forth in the 1st half between Small and Christophe? I know Smalls is not 100%, but why throw everyone out of rhythm like that?

Neither had an on night, this break could have not come at a better time.  Work needs to be done ... I hope they practice everyday of the week.

I still don't think we've seen everything from Christophe just yet. He hasn't had a chance to establish a rhythm this year or last.

Nelson said:
I still don't think we've seen everything from Christophe just yet. He hasn't had a chance to establish a rhythm this year or last.
Now our star defensive player is out.  Offense needs to step up big time  .... just the offense is at a total disarray (hard to watch sometimes), from the weak blocking, silly penalties, to the quarterback, it's an obvious problem which is very disconcerting considering Ashbury is a former quarterback.

But my guy is still Smalls.  He's the best one hands down and good enough under pressure.  The line needs to work harder so he doesn't have to run much ...

I haven't seen anything other than a knee injury being mentioned about Claiborne. Hope it's nothing major and this bye week helps him out. I agree with the offense still not being up to par, but it's improved since previous years.

We need to stick with one QB that's for sure. Small is a RS Freshman and Christophe is a Sophomore, so if we want to establish a guy for the future, we need to roll with one now.

I was told Claiborne's injury was a knee sprain, but I have not been able to verify that. I plan on going to practice tomorrow so hopefully I'll see him out there running around.

Back