McNeese State Cowgirls @ Texas Southern Lady Tigers Basketball Game [11/19/2013]

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
DEFEND OUR HOUSE LADY TIGERS!

This should be a good game as they are coming off a 65-54 win over Rice (we lost to Rice 54-61). I think we should have won the Rice game and our players just had an off day. We can prove that tonight.

Keep up with the game via ESPN, 90.9 KTSU-FM, or follow us on Twitter @TigerFans.

[attachment=68]

Via McNeeseSports.com:
LAKE CHARLES--  The McNeese women's basketball team (2-1) will travel to Houston, Tx. Tuesday night to face Texas Southern (2-1).  Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.  The game can be heard live on CajunRadio (1470 AM or 1290AM).  

The Cowgirls are coming off a 65-54 home win over Rice last Thursday and will be looking to pick up their first road win of the season after falling 74-49 to Tulane on Nov. 11 in their first road contest of the year.

In the win over Rice, McNeese had three players score in double figures with Allison Baggett leading all players with 19 points.  NeTanya Jones scored a career high 14 points and Jayln Johnson added 10.  Cecilia Okoye pulled down a career high 16 rebounds in the win.

Baggett and Jones are currently the only two Cowgirls averaging in double figures with 21.3 ppg. and 10.0 ppg., respectively.  Okoye leads the team with 10.3 rpg. while the Cowgirls are averaging 67.3 ppg. and 44.3 rpg.

Texas Southern is coming off an 82-70 win over Houston Baptist.  The Tigers defeated Tulsa (88-80) in their home opener.  Their loss was a 61-54 loss at Rice.  Three Tigers are averaging in double figures, Jassmin Parker (25.7) Brianna Sydney (14.3) and Alexus Johnson (11.7).

Attachments

• large_WBB5147.jpg
    large_WBB5147.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 1
Nelson pid=478 dateline=1384915800 said:
FINAL:
McNeese 55
TSU 71

The Lady Tigers are something serious this year .... they are whooping these non-SWAC teams so I know they gon be destroying the SWAC teams.  I know they got the whole SWAC shooked.

Parker will be SWAC MVP along with Aaric Murray.  Mark my words ....

Back