• Just no interest

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Transportation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No winning tradition

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
It should be noted that this won't apply if you live out of town 

I feel as if TSU would "loosen up" the reigns a little bit and bring back a lot of the activities back on campus, that it would bring more school spirit which then in return could bring more people to football games. They have taken Hump Day away, there aren't really any tailgating going on before or after the games, and most of homecoming events are catered to the alumni.

NikeSocks said:
I feel as if TSU would "loosen up" the reigns a little bit and bring back a lot of the activities back on campus, that it would bring more school spirit which then in return could bring more people to football games. They have taken Hump Day away, there aren't really any tailgating going on before or after the games, and most of homecoming events are catered to the alumni.

tailgating can be organized by anyone us here at tigerfans started doing our own tailgates instead of waiting for the school to create something sometimes you have to take action into youre own hands

We need more tailgating groups to do this, but @[tsuball10] and I were thinking last year if there could be a "Tiger Alley" / "TigerNation" / "Jungle" / etc ... type section of nothing but TSU Tailgaters... that way we could attract attention (and possibly combine resources).

Nelson said:
We need more tailgating groups to do this, but @[tsuball10] and I were thinking last year if there could be a "Tiger Alley" / "TigerNation" / "Jungle" / etc ... type section of nothing but TSU Tailgaters... that way we could attract attention (and possibly combine resources).
Yeah, but I won't be surprised if a growing number of sport fans (or alumni/students) are anti-tailgate.  After a 50+ work week the last thing I want to do is ripping and running trying to get a pit going, hoping it doesn't rain on us, put the stuff up before the game, etc etc ....

Before every TSU sporting event I attend, I always go to a sports bar or nice restaurant (with a bar) to sit on my behind the whole time, get a nice buzz, and full (no alcoholic but I like to unwind a bit lol). 

Fat Boy Bar & Grill is a new favorite, it's near the NRG Stadium. I walked in with my TSU shirt on and got extra love from the waitresses who happened to be TSU undergrad students (pretty young ladies who made great convo). Tried it for the first time a/g PV this year .... great food (especially the spicy wings), they had all my favorite liquor, no wait at the bar, comfortable seating, and decent TVs to catch up with other games. I recommend it fellas

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
Yeah, but I won't be surprised if a growing number of sport fans (or alumni/students) are anti-tailgate.  After a 50+ work week the last thing I want to do is ripping and running trying to get a pit going, hoping it doesn't rain on us, put the stuff up before the game, etc etc ....
For every 10 that don't want to, there is 1 that will. I believe. It'll make the gameday spirit that much better and bring out the casual fans in my opinion.

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
Fat Boy Bar & Grill is a new favorite, it's near the NRG Stadium.  I walked in with my TSU shirt on and got extra love from the waitresses who happened to be TSU undergrad students (pretty young ladies who made great convo).  Tried it for the first time a/g PV this year .... great food (especially the spicy wings), they had all my favorite liquor, no wait at the bar, comfortable seating, and decent TVs to catch up with other games.  I recommend it fellas

This sounds like a good spot... There are a couple of places that show love to TSU family in the NRG area.

Nelson said:
For every 10 that don't want to, there is 1 that will. I believe. It'll make the gameday spirit that much better and bring out the casual fans in my opinion.

This sounds like a good spot... There are a couple of places that show love to TSU family in the NRG area.

You're right, but I'm a lazy tailgater if anything.  I like to benefit from someone else's hard work and not have to contribute .... hard to find people who welcome lazy tailgaters like myself.

Yeah it is. When I'm in Houston, I try to support only sports bar with at least a TSU banner in place there.  They had one (maybe two) ......
http://www.fatboysbarandgrill.com/

Back