TSU Football beats PV 2K14

TXSUDFWTIGER

Any thoughts on the big game last night? I was there from beginning to end so of course I have some, but just curious of others .....

I didn't see the game myself, but I've collected what others have said:

My thoughts:

- We tried our best to lose this game. 
- Our WR were open all game and we had some great deep balls thrown. 
- Their DL were in our backfield all night
- Our penalties almost killed us. I couldn't tell if it was terrible refs or an un disciplined team.

WTF was Asberry thinking on the last few plays? He could've downed it.

What happened to #4 in the 4th QT? I didn't see him on the bench either.

Definitely much improved over last year on the offensive side of the ball. I agree with a post in that we have to cut down on the penalties because it will cost us some games.

#4 did get hurt and he hopes it is just a sprain (I think ankle). I'm glad that we won and this is a plus for us going into Thursday night's game.

I was proud of the team. They could have fallen apart when they were driving in the forth quarter and made positive plays only to have the referee throw flags. One play DB and I saw the same thing. The Tsu receiver had caught the ball on the five and was going into the end zone then the official threw a flag for holding after the pass and after the catch. It was obvious. Yes there are improvements that need to be made ,but they have come a long way. Congratulations!!!

BBall my sentiments exactly. Showed a lot of heart. Think the referees eyes where on us. Several roughing the QB

calls we're missed. Thought several calls on Walker we're suspect. Holding can be called on every possession. 

Think the refs. Got caught up in the PV offensive hype. Think they could not believe we could contain their receivers.

I have criticized Causey a lot, however I was really impressed by him. Also impressed by Smalls.

If we stay away from injuries and improve on our penalties we can have a great season.

Nelson said:
I didn't see the game myself, but I've collected what others have said:

Interesting, yeah the fact we won that game with 300 penalties yards given speaks volumes, not the same team from last year thankfully.  It was an exciting game despite some obvious flaws, but Ashbury did have them run out the clock from what I remember .... but really them refs were hating which is why we booed them throughout the game.  Every since Ashbury got on their butts in the first quarter, they started calling everything against us.  Most of the calls were questionable and we should've beat them by more but they took away several red zone/touchdown plays. 

Overall, I see lots of potential this year.  Should be interesting, the O-line needs to get it together though ... I think the biggest weakness right now.

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
Interesting, yeah the fact we won that game with 300 penalties yards given speaks volumes, not the same team from last year thankfully.  It was an exciting game despite some obvious flaws, but Ashbury did have them run out the clock from what I remember .... but really them refs were hating which is why we booed them throughout the game.  Every since Ashbury got on their butts in the first quarter, they started calling everything against us.  Most of the calls were questionable and we should've beat them by more but they took away several red zone/touchdown plays. 

Overall, I see lots of potential this year.  Should be interesting, the O-line needs to get it together though ... I think the biggest weakness right now.

I was watching the stats this game and I saw many of those penalties... I noticed that many TigerFans in attendance were griping about the refs too. I saw that we/Asberry got a penalty because he went off on the refs in the first quarter... what did they even call?

About the O-Line... what do they need to do better? I'll see them tonight in person, but I want to know what you think. Are they not well conditioned? Missing blocks? etc... I said last year the reason we were having such a tough time was due to the O-Line coming off the ball slowly and being physically outperformed. When you lose the battle in the trenches, I'm not surprised our RB and QB couldn't get into a rhythm. Stats-wise, it already looks like a different story this year.

Recap:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urkH9LGTLk8[/video]

Nelson said:
I was watching the stats this game and I saw many of those penalties... I noticed that many TigerFans in attendance were griping about the refs too. I saw that we/Asberry got a penalty because he went off on the refs in the first quarter... what did they even call?

About the O-Line... what do they need to do better? I'll see them tonight in person, but I want to know what you think. Are they not well conditioned? Missing blocks? etc... I said last year the reason we were having such a tough time was due to the O-Line coming off the ball slowly and being physically outperformed. When you lose the battle in the trenches, I'm not surprised our RB and QB couldn't get into a rhythm. Stats-wise, it already looks like a different story this year.
Basically a ref committed to calling a questionable call and of course Ashbury went to bat for his boys, that instantly got the team fired up and shifted the momentum to us  (I felt it).  Players always play better when they see their coach going hard for them, oldest trick in the book. He got pretty heated ... entertaining to watch.
The O-line wasn't basically letting too many guys in the backfield, too quickly, too often (missing blocks, late on the counts, wrong blocking assignments, etc).  Maybe it was first game jitters compounded with the fact that a venue like the NRG can be intimidating and distracting since it's so massive. 

This will be the year of the 'Throw' for sure.  I'll be disappointed if we don't score at least 50 considering what I seen at the LDC. 

Again, tonight I predict at least 50 points
at least 3 interceptions
and keeping TC under 100 yards rushing and pashing

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
Basically a ref committed to calling a questionable call and of course Ashbury went to bat for his boys, that instantly got the team fired up and shifted the momentum to us  (I felt it).  Players always play better when they see their coach going hard for them, oldest trick in the book. He got pretty heated ... entertaining to watch.
The O-line wasn't basically letting too many guys in the backfield, too quickly, too often (missing blocks, late on the counts, wrong blocking assignments, etc).  Maybe it was first game jitters compounded with the fact that a venue like the NRG can be intimidating and distracting since it's so massive. 

This will be the year of the 'Throw' for sure.  I'll be disappointed if we don't score at least 50 considering what I seen at the LDC. 

Again, tonight I predict at least 50 points
at least 3 interceptions
and keeping TC under 100 yards rushing and passing

That's good and I'm glad it helped light a fire up under their asses!

Nice predictions:
Again, tonight I predict at least 50 points 52 points
at least 3 interceptions 2 INTs
and keeping TC under 100 yards rushing and passing 113/125

Back