Texas Southern Stuns #25 Michigan State

TXSUDFWTIGER

What a win, I only caught the last 5 minutes but I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Hopefully ESPN re-show it or someone can post the full game.  I did see the full game highlights but it focused most on the last few minutes I caught.

I saw it from the second half onward and it was a great defensive effort by TSU. our offensive sets were great as well. We took advantage of their poor shooting tonight and capitalized on turnovers. 

Since the game was on ESPN, you can replay it here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index?rb=true&watchsrc=true&device=ios&#(requires cable/satellite login)

I would hope that a win at Michigan State would keep Texas Southern out of a first four game if they win the SWAC Tournament

Nelson said:
I saw it from the second half onward and it was a great defensive effort by TSU. our offensive sets were great as well. We took advantage of their poor shooting tonight and capitalized on turnovers. 

Since the game was on ESPN, you can replay it here: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index?rb=true&watchsrc=true&device=ios&#(requires cable/satellite login)
Thanks! I need to do my full analysis and assessment I enjoy doing.

Yeah they looked very prepared today and the synergy was there.

Dynamite said:
I would hope that a win at Michigan State would keep Texas Southern out of a first four game if they win the SWAC Tournament

If we win clean up in the SWAC (drop no more than 1 on the road) I think we will ... I think this win can better position us for a #15 or #14 seed in fact if again we take care of business. 

The SWAC will be competitive this year with UAPB beating U. of Houston in Coog territory, Jackson State beating USM by 20 (in Jackson) .... should be a very interesting season, we ready tho!!

My Top 5 SWAC teams heading into season play:
1. The Texas Southern University
2. UAPB
3. Jackson State
4. Alabama State
5. Southern

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Based on today's results, I guess the Coogs won't schedule TSU in the near future. The match-up would put butts in the seats.[/font]

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
Thanks! I need to do my full analysis and assessment I enjoy doing.

Yeah they looked very prepared today and the synergy was there.

If we win clean up in the SWAC (drop no more than 1 on the road) I think we will ... I think this win can better position us for a #15 or #14 seed in fact if again we take care of business. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Coach Mike Davis on TSU's 71-64 OT upset @#25 Mich.St: "It's my 2nd biggest win since beating Duke (w/Indiana) to go to the Elite 8 in 2002"[/font]

Dynamite said:
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Based on today's results, I guess the Coogs won't schedule TSU in the near future. The match-up would put butts in the seats.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Coach Mike Davis on TSU's 71-64 OT upset @#25 Mich.St: "It's my 2nd biggest win since beating Duke (w/Indiana) to go to the Elite 8 in 2002"[/font]

I think this win is bigger than the Duke one personally. 

And yes we all know the Scary Coogs of UH won't do it .... that's why I was so happy to see UAPB waxed their tail on their court.

Also fellas please note that Mike Davis never won in Lansing while he was at Indiana ... it took the Maroon & Grey Tigers to git ir done lol

Did the Michigan State win make the front or second page in the Chronicle?

I went to the website and I see they didn't even write a piece on it, they borrowed from the AP ... lazy suckas. But it is longer than usual when they write about one of our regular seasons wins which I at the very least expected.

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
Did the Michigan State win make the front or second page in the Chronicle?

I went to the website and I see they didn't even write a piece on it, they borrowed from the AP ... lazy suckas.  But it is longer than usual when they write about one of our regular seasons wins which I at the very least expected.
Doubt it. College sports only matter in big games to the Chronicle. MOST of everything else is via an AP Wire (UH included). If there is an actual reporter there, they're usually a freelance writer who got paid for their work.

Back