2017 Texas Southern Football Schedule

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
1112C3jTmShUcAAXYTD.jpg2017 Schedule:
8/26/2017 @ Florida A&M (Jake Gaither Classic)
9/2/2017 Prairie View A&M (Labor Day Classic) *
9/7/2017 Houston Baptist (Community Day)

9/16/2017 OPEN
9/23/2017 @ Alabama A&M *
9/29/2017 Alcorn State
10/7/2017 @ Kennesaw State
10/14/2017 Alabama State (HOMECOMING) *
10/21/2017 OPEN
10/28/2017 @ Grambling State *
11/4/2017 @ Mississippi Valley State *
11/11/2017 Southern *
11/18/2017 @ Arkansas - Pine Bluff *

BOLD games are played at home. (*) denotes SWAC Conference Games

Non-SWAC: Houston Baptist will be a competitive game (unlike SHSU). I love the FAMU match-up b/c FAMU is a popular school and just adds to our exposure. Kennesaw I know nothing about but they went 8-3 last year so they're a good team most likely.

SWAC: I'm glad we got the traditional SWAC weaklings on our schedule (MVSU and UAPB). I would've kept Grambling off and replaced them with Jackson State since I know Grambling will be a beast again. Everything else is fine.

Non-SWAC: Houston Baptist will be a competitive game (unlike SHSU). I love the FAMU match-up b/c FAMU is a popular school and just adds to our exposure. Kennesaw I know nothing about but they went 8-3 last year so they're a good team most likely.

SWAC: I'm glad we got the traditional SWAC weaklings on our schedule (MVSU and UAPB). I would've kept Grambling off and replaced them with Jackson State since I know Grambling will be a beast again. Everything else is fine.
...and the Alcorn game is not a SWAC-counted game.

Option attack for KSU

I'm ready for the season to begin ... none of the preseason rankings I've read so far has TSU winning the West or the conference. I'm ready to shock the world. I just feel like the conference is wide open, especially if Grambling get destroyed with their non-conference games (it'll negatively impact their confidence).

I'm ready to have a winning program at TSU
I'll be patient this year knowing our team is young, but I want WINS! I think if we win any games this year, it'll be against Alabama State, MVSU, & UAPB.

My prediction for the rest of the season:
  • W - ASU
  • L - Grambling (5+ TD)
  • W - MVSU (barring no injuries vs Grambling)
  • L - Southern (2+ TD)
  • W - UAPB
  • L - PV (5+ TD)

I'll be patient this year knowing our team is young, but I want WINS! I think if we win any games this year, it'll be against Alabama State, MVSU, & UAPB.

My prediction for the rest of the season:
  • W - ASU
  • L - Grambling (5+ TD)
  • W - MVSU (barring no injuries vs Grambling)
  • L - Southern (2+ TD)
  • W - UAPB
  • L - PV (5+ TD)

The season is a wash and probably the biggest disappointment since I've became a Tiger. It's clear they won't be in contention for the title and I'm sure homecoming (the game) will be dead. Also it's clear that recruitment will be challenging b/c of the bad season and losses on national television

I'm ready for Coach Mike Davis and the boys!

Back