2016-2017 TSU Tigers Basketball Schedule, Roster, & TV Information [UPDATED 10/27/16]

He was a big time recruit a few years back. 4-star prospect I believe. Having him and DG in at the same time would put DG in a more natural four position. I still have hope for football season, but until we start the football season with a win, the basketball season should be more exciting.

I'm just being real ... this season is a rebuilding season, not a championship/highly-anticipated season. Right now our offense isn't potent enough to be taken serious ... WAY BETTER than last year but still not a commanding offense and championship caliber.

Next season we will have our scholarships back, better recruits, better QB and DG back.

Hurt I have nothing against you personally, I just don't believe in short quarterbacks on the DI level, you are listed as 6 feet when I can tell you're really like 5.8 1/2 ... you should transfer to the DII or DIII and you'll do a whole lot better. I'm well aware that many of ya'll football players read the comments here.

In fact, Hurt you should transfer to a DII or DIII school in Mississippi or Alabama to be closer to your brother at University of Alabama.

Alabama State & Alabama A&M dates added... schedule is finalized

TV games added, still waiting on official roster, SWAC Digital Network will probably also pick up a game or two of ours... typically a PV game and/or Southern game. We've become more mainstream!

Alabama State & Alabama A&M dates added... schedule is finalized

TV games added, still waiting on official roster, SWAC Digital Network will probably also pick up a game or two of ours... typically a PV game and/or Southern game. We've become more mainstream!
What do you mean we've become more mainstream?

What do you mean we've become more mainstream?
For example, instead of being on no TV or ESPN3 (internet-only), we've been bumped up to ESPNU or some other medium that you can actually watch without the internet -- thinking for our older fans who don't mess with apps and such.

SU has a message board I thought, I forgot the name of it though. I'm in class right now but I plan to look at PV and JSU. I've checked out Grambling's before.

So of course I was at the game per my word vs UT Arlington and my observations as follows.

1) Kevin Scott is the MF truth! He played well and is a sure in for all conference guard. He's my new favorite player to watch
2) Zach Lofton scored the most points but to me he played sloppy. I didn't even realize he scored 30+ until after the game. He needs to clean up his play and work on his dribbling skills
3) DG was DG. I wished he would've gotten the ball more or more plays revolved around him though. He definitely didn't touch the ball enough but yeah still solid
4) Our defense had signs of greatness. I see promise there.
5) Offensively we scored 80+ on a pretty good team so promise is there as well. HOWEVER, we are still not a good shooting team, we're average or right below it.
6) FREE THROWS, we could've won the game had we made most of the free throws. Same ole BS with the free throws. But like I said we're not a good shooting team in my opinion but they are very resourceful at getting easier shots.

We have something to be excited about guys, trust me. Our boys are scrappy, they play with great energy, they're flashy (power dunks and alley oops) ... I think we did good and hopefully the more time they spend together playing, the better the chemistry. Most of the players are brand new.

Last edited:
Got our first W under our belts against Delaware State and next up is Rice on Wednesday... let's get another OOC win!

Back