2015 Texas Southern Football Schedule [Updated 6/5/2015]

I agree... but to clarify, the "potential" (not sure what needs to be met for this) $1 million payout is to each league, not to individual schools.

Nelson said:
I agree... but to clarify, the "potential" (not sure what needs to be met for this) $1 million payout is to each league, not to individual schools.

But the winning team will get something a little extra.  It's a bowl game that will be televised on ABC

TSU football: Season at a glance (Houston Chronicle):
http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/TSU-football-Season-at-a-glance-6472530.php

It's on Root Sports SW too FYI so home games should be available on cable.

I saw a quarterback who was used to winning the game with his feet in high school and/or juco, not reading the coverage, not letting plays develop, a guy who's not good at hiding the option read, & a bit afraid in the backfield. He got griffin the ball a couple of times and even though it wasn't a catch Derrick leaped big time in the air for a ball that was placed a bit too far out of bounds. I want to see a different QB starting. Defense was playing a bit too far off the receivers and exposed us in the flats and underneath. BC couldn't run because, well we were an FCS team playing an NAIA team.

We won 63-0 but I was disappointed in the game overall. Lots of starters were sitting though so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nelson said:
It's on Root Sports SW too FYI so home games should be available on cable.

I saw a quarterback who was used to winning the game with his feet in high school and/or juco, not reading the coverage, not letting plays develop, a guy who's not good at hiding the option read, & a bit afraid in the backfield. He got griffin the ball a couple of times and even though it wasn't a catch Derrick leaped big time in the air for a ball that was placed a bit too far out of bounds. I want to see a different QB starting. Defense was playing a bit too far off the receivers and exposed us in the flats and underneath. BC couldn't run because, well we were an FCS team playing an NAIA team.

We won 63-0 but I was disappointed in the game overall. Lots of starters were sitting though so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Based on the stats I was disappointed alone.  Only 175 passing yards *hand on forehead*. I had such high expectations this year, I just knew we would be going to the SWAC Championship finally and a respectable product would be on the field.  And Derrick will end up hurt jumping that high for simple passes, one thing I hate the most is a terrible quaterback ... it's so painful to watch.

I was told the starters sat out later in the game though?? Maybe they were wrong or I heard wrong (KTSU).  Also I remember hearing how the defense was so bad throughout the whole game. I just don't know what else to say other than we need to start over. I seen on other hbcu sport message boards that most people agree with me (including PV alumni). Not once did someone say anything positive about Asberry these past couple weeks after the game.  He has no support other than from McClelland apparently, I didn't even see the players defend him.

I have Time Warner Cable, so I didn't see Root.  I was wanting to watch the Youtube broadcast but didn't see one. And no what you saw, is what we will get for the rest of the season. bad coaching, bad judgement, lack of preparation, low morale, no fan support ... I and my TSU friends already gave up on the season (we left at the 3rd qtr at the LDC).  We might beat trashier SWAC teams but we won't be in contention for the big game which is what really matters and what we all care about at this point especially considering how we dominate in other sports.

Back