TSUSports.com: TSU Baseball unveils 2016 recruiting class

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
image_handler.aspx

Texas Southern University head baseball coach Michael Robertson unveiled his 2016 signing class headlined by the addition of ten student-athletes including nine pitchers and a catcher

Continue reading...

Interesting .... none of them are black.
That is definitely something I noticed as well, but our baseball, softball, and soccer teams have been going this way for a while now. Also got a lot of CC guys.

ASU's Mervyl Melendez was easily pulling guys out of Puerto Rico, but he resigned last Tuesday (6/28) after leading them to their first NCAA tournament appearance and has been named the head coach at Florida International University, which will definitely put him closer to home and the recruits he wants.

That is definitely something I noticed as well, but our baseball, softball, and soccer teams have been going this way for a while now. Also got a lot of CC guys.

ASU's Mervyl Melendez was easily pulling guys out of Puerto Rico, but he resigned last Tuesday (6/28) after leading them to their first NCAA tournament appearance and has been named the head coach at Florida International University, which will definitely put him closer to home and the recruits he wants.

I understand. There's enough black men playing baseball to where TSU's baseball team should reflect the student body which is mostly black, and about 10% Hispanic.

I understand. There's enough black men playing baseball to where TSU's baseball team should reflect the student body which is mostly black, and about 10% Hispanic.
Someone would counter that argument with "look at the basketball/football team makeup at a PWC" versus the student body makeup. I get the intent, but I don't agree with the student body statement.

Someone would counter that argument with "look at the basketball/football team makeup at a PWC" versus the student body makeup. I get the intent, but I don't agree with the student body statement.
Yeah I retract that statement since I misspoke what I wanted to say is that I'm concerned if black baseball players are being overlooked. Fortunately I did see 2-3 black players on the 2016 college natty champs team (Coastal Carolina) ... last year I didn't see any. #progress

Back