TSUSports.com: Lady Tigers place second in the SWAC West Round Up

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
image_handler.aspx

HOUSTON - The Texas Southern Lady Tigers competed in SWAC West Round Up over the weekend. The meet was hosted by the Southwestern Athletic Conference in Dallas, Texas. The teams that competed alongside Texas Southern were Prairie View A&M, Jackson State, Alabama State, Southern, Grambling State, and Alabama A&M.

Junior Denisyha Waller, came in first with an average score of 189, followed by Samantha Kriner who came in third with a score of 183.2. Freshman Jessyca Driver finished eighth with a score of 178.7, and also was recognized one of the top freshman coming in second.

After three amazing days, the team came in second place with nine wins, and only three losses. The Lady Tigers finished first on day one with an average score of 181.1 and 4,527 total pins. On day two, Texas Southern came in first once again with an average score of 178.6 and a total of 8,929 pins. Day three, the Lady Tigers finished second behind Jackson State with an average score of 176 and a total of 12,317 pins.

Waller was thrilled about her first place accomplishment saying, "It feels great, the SWAC Roundups shows a bowler's capabilities to be consistent", she expressed.

After coming in sixth overall on day one, Waller bounced back to remain on top for day two and three. "I'm happy about my performance and my ability to come back from a rough game."

The Lady Tigers will be back in action next month for the SWAC East Round Up in D'Iberville, Miss on February 16th-18th.

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back