TSUSports.com: Lady Tigers’ Bowling Team Participates in the Mid-Winter Classic

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
JONESBORO, Ark. - The Texas Southern Lady Tigers bowling team kicked off competition for the 2018 campaign as they competed in the Mid-Winter Classic. The meet was hosted by Arkansas State University this past weekend.

Junior Brittany Torres was the top finisher for the Lady Tigers with an average score of 213.60, ranking her in the top 15.

"Brittany Torres played a major part for us Saturday", said TSU head coach Sabrina Rose. "Her performance was consistent and she was a fighter from start to finish."

Waller was the second place finisher for the Lady Tigers with an average score of 192.80, but felt there was still room for improvement.

"I was consistent with my spares which I really wanted to improve from past tournaments this season", she said. "My room for improvement includes learning about lane transitions and making better adjustments, but I am content with my performance."

The Lady Tigers took home 16th place, but Rose still felt good about the team's improvements.

"I think they performed admirably this past weekend and the girls have really improved their performances especially on Friday and Saturday," said Rose. "Hopefully we can continue that."

Rose also expressed high hopes for the Lady Tigers this season.

"Our girls are really looking forward to competing in (the) SWAC Championships, with an opportunity to bowl in the NCAA Championships."

The Lady Tigers will be back in action this weekend for the SWAC Round Up in Dallas on January 19th-21st.

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back