TSU New Dorms in 2015

I was telling @tsuball10 that whomever gave the contractors that contract needed to impose stiffer penalties for not completing the job on time. This is just ridiculous.

I was telling @tsuball10 that whomever gave the contractors that contract needed to impose stiffer penalties for not completing the job on time. This is just ridiculous.

I think you and I will do a better job running TSU. There's no excuse and not only that but some of TSU website is outdated which is like the front door of the university. I went on the engineering website and the "current news" dates back to 2007 .... like they gotta understand that prospective students see that and are turned off sometimes. And we need as many engineering students we can get to raise our scores, everyone knows students in engineering come well prepared and with really good ACT scores and GPA

I think you and I will do a better job running TSU. There's no excuse and not only that but some of TSU website is outdated which is like the front door of the university. I went on the engineering website and the "current news" dates back to 2007 .... like they gotta understand that prospective students see that and are turned off sometimes. And we need as many engineering students we can get to raise our scores, everyone knows students in engineering come well prepared and with really good ACT scores and GPA
Wow... looking at it, this is when I was working with them to build their website -- I can't take credit for the frontend, only the behind the scenes system. I fought tooth and nail with them on the front end. Hated it since day 1. They shot down my prototypes.

Wow... looking at it, this is when I was working with them to build their website -- I can't take credit for the frontend, only the behind the scenes system. I fought tooth and nail with them on the front end. Hated it since day 1. They shot down my prototypes.

I emailed the administrator to let them know that most of the page is outdated and I got no response so I guess I need to email again. The fault lies with the project manager or the developer lead, they marginally updated the name of the school but didn't update all the content with the science and technology division. But hopefully with a new president, things will finally change ... I'm still waiting to hear prospects, they are not being transparent about the process so far.

But I think you did a good job, I mean the website is the best it's ever been and better than some other universities I've seen.

Last edited:
I didn't work on that frontend so I can't (and I won't) take credit for that mess lol

The issue (again) was the contractor who was paid (a lot) to redesign TSU's entire web system. Well, actually just the tsu.edu portion -- the subdomains like science.tsu.edu, engineering.tsu.edu, etc. are all handled by their respective liasons who do their current job + the web. It's a fragmented mess if you ask me, but let me stop because the issue at hand is the dorms lol!

I didn't work on that frontend so I can't (and I won't) take credit for that mess lol

The issue (again) was the contractor who was paid (a lot) to redesign TSU's entire web system. Well, actually just the tsu.edu portion -- the subdomains like science.tsu.edu, engineering.tsu.edu, etc. are all handled by their respective liasons who do their current job + the web. It's a fragmented mess if you ask me, but let me stop because the issue at hand is the dorms lol!

The sub-domains are terrible except for a few schools within the university ... we gotta get it together. I've donated to the school and emailed the administrator. At the very least, I would think the technology department sub-domain would be on point. I did more than enough

I took a univited tour of the new dorm and it's really really nice. I was told that it's only freshmen which I don't feel like is a good idea.

But the new class of students will be very pleased

I took a univited tour of the new dorm and it's really really nice. I was told that it's only freshmen which I don't feel like is a good idea.

But the new class of students will be very pleased

I did the same thing yesterday - its was a ghost town so I was unable to walk inside though.

I did the same thing yesterday - its was a ghost town so I was unable to walk inside though.

That's when I went walking inside, I definitely was trepassing. You don't wanna go when people are around b/c it'll be off limits. The building isn't open to the public yet.

I think they're freshman only at this point because they're making all freshman live on campus for the first year if I'm not mistaken. It's a trend across the country.

As a new (non-local) freshman, I believe it forces you to at least know a handful of people on campus, thus creating a community and planting more seeds into the TSU culture. Just my opinion.

I think they're freshman only at this point because they're making all freshman live on campus for the first year if I'm not mistaken. It's a trend across the country.

As a new (non-local) freshman, I believe it forces you to at least know a handful of people on campus, thus creating a community and planting more seeds into the TSU culture. Just my opinion.

Right, but I think upperclassmen should have priority on the best housing and what's left over should go to freshman. The upperclassmen spend more time in their rooms anyway ... freshmen are normally out and about trying everything, networking for the first time. Upperclassmen been there done that sorta.

Back