TSU Foundation Introduces New Members; Raises Over $100K at Very First Meeting

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
8204cb26d40cc95c13e2817872831930_XL.jpg

The Texas Southern University (TSU) Foundation recently announced its commitment to bolstering its strength by adding 12 new business and community leaders to the Foundation board; all who have agreed to support Texas Southern University.

The TSU Foundation is a nonprofit corporation which provides support to TSU, which includes securing funds for all legitimate University purposes.

Foundation Board members who attended the January Retreat are front row, from left, Joseph Proler, Senior Vice President Community Trust Bank; Judy Dyer, President, Managed Medical Association; Regina Rogers, Philanthropist; Gerald Smith, Chairman & CEO Smith Graham & Company; Dr. Judith Craven, Houston Businesswoman; and Willie Alexander, President & CEO, W.J. Alexander & Associates, P.C.; back row, from left, Ernest Ecung, Investment Officer, Ecung Investments; Dr. John Rudley, President, TSU; James Donatto, President, Across the Track PAC; Charles Foy, President, Foy Insurance Agency; Frazier Wilson, President, Shell Oil Company Foundation; Eva Pickens, VP of University Advancement, TSU; Dr. Melanie Johnson, President & CEO, The Health Museum; Kamoru Lawal, President, CAMAC International; Matthew Rogers, Owner, Power Center Pharmacy; and Marchris Robinson, Attorney-At-Law Robinson Law Group, PLLC.

Read the rest: http://forwardtimesonline.com/2013/...mbers-raises-over-$100k-at-very-first-meeting

8204cb26d40cc95c13e2817872831930_XL.jpg

The Texas Southern University (TSU) Foundation recently announced its commitment to bolstering its strength by adding 12 new business and community leaders to the Foundation board; all who have agreed to support Texas Southern University.

The TSU Foundation is a nonprofit corporation which provides support to TSU, which includes securing funds for all legitimate University purposes.

Foundation Board members who attended the January Retreat are front row, from left, Joseph Proler, Senior Vice President Community Trust Bank; Judy Dyer, President, Managed Medical Association; Regina Rogers, Philanthropist; Gerald Smith, Chairman & CEO Smith Graham & Company; Dr. Judith Craven, Houston Businesswoman; and Willie Alexander, President & CEO, W.J. Alexander & Associates, P.C.; back row, from left, Ernest Ecung, Investment Officer, Ecung Investments; Dr. John Rudley, President, TSU; James Donatto, President, Across the Track PAC; Charles Foy, President, Foy Insurance Agency; Frazier Wilson, President, Shell Oil Company Foundation; Eva Pickens, VP of University Advancement, TSU; Dr. Melanie Johnson, President & CEO, The Health Museum; Kamoru Lawal, President, CAMAC International; Matthew Rogers, Owner, Power Center Pharmacy; and Marchris Robinson, Attorney-At-Law Robinson Law Group, PLLC.

Read the rest: http://forwardtimesonline.com/2013/...mbers-raises-over-$100k-at-very-first-meeting

We need Hispanic representation now, TSU is approximately 10% Hispanic now ..... the law school is like 25% Hispanic

Just wait until I get my doctorate... I'll be ready! lol

lol trust me, most of those people on the committee do not have doctorates. And besides, there are several "prominent" Hispanic TSU alumni I can think of that would've been good choices ....
1) Ruben Dominguez, popular news anchor from Fox 26 TV. I follow him on social media and he's always talking about how he's a TSU Tiger to the day he die, like he really goes hard for TSU, very active alum, and is an ideal ambassador for the school
2) Richard Garcia, mayor of Edinburg, TX
3) Roberto Alonzo, Texas State Representative from Dallas

Justy FYI, a good percentage of the Hispanic law firms started in Texas are Thurgood Marshall School of Law graduates. I was just reading the bio of one in Dallas recently. I think at least 25% of the lawyers in the state are TSU grads

Last edited:
Back