The Complete Interview With John Rudley: The Challenges, The Tweets & The Most Stressful Job in Amer

Rudley and I have an interesting history (we know each other personally). I like and dislike him at the same time. Yes he built up the campus and added great programs but that really didn't matter b/c TSU is still practically dead last in almost every notable ranking/metric. What good are the programs and new buildings if students are not graduating and the reputation of the university is still below average. He was seemingly focused more on the external/superficial (which is important) and not the internal (most important). I found a blog online by a junior communications major about her first visit to TSU's museum and it simply didn't make sense, also it had a plethora of typos and grammatical errors. That shit kills our fucking brand, we can't afford to hand out degrees to extremely unprepared students. I asked her to take it down and to seek tutoring and she kindly agreed. We need to focus on rigorous academic preparation, job placement, and recruiting quality faculty and students committed to academic excellence ... I want us to be the Howard of public HBCUs.

I was going to go on a long rant but I'll just leave it there.

Last edited:
And I'm now starting to rethink my approval of hiring Dr. Lane. I'm not convince his vision for TSU is big enough. I want a president that wants TSU to be a nationally respected university and up in rankings .... as of now, we're like 40-something among HBCUs in a major poll and that's just unacceptable when I know we're capable of being a top 5 given our diverse academic programs, great buildings (new dorm, new science buildings, etc), and location. I have yet to hear him mention anything about it

Last edited:
Back