Former Texas A&M linebacker Darian Claiborne to enroll at Texas Southern

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
Darian Claiborne, dismissed from Texas A&M on June 3, will enroll at Texas Southern and be immediately eligible to play football.

The former Port Allen star and SEC All-Freshman Team linebacker will receive a second college chance at the SWAC school after running into off-field issues on multiple occasion, Port Allen Coach Guy Blanchard said.

"He ended up at Texas Southern, and we're excited about it, about him getting a chance to go and show people he's not a terrible -- he just made some silly mistakes," Blanchard said. "We're excited he's getting the opportunity to show he can overcome those things. It's a fresh start. It's a clean start and a second chance to show he's a good person, and that's what we're excited about."

Read the rest: http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/former_texas_am_linebacker_dar.html

I just got word that I think everything is a go with Claiborne... Everything still wasn't finalized yet and it was just a possibility. 

He is able to transfer back to an FBS school immediately after this season and play right away. 

I think along with our current group of defensive players, we should be an even better group. 

Nelson said:
I just got word that I think everything is a go with Claiborne... Everything still wasn't finalized yet and it was just a possibility. 

He is able to transfer back to an FBS school immediately after this season and play right away. 

I think along with our current group of defensive players, we should be an even better group. 
Cool, they didn't mention if he was on scholarship either.  I guess we're to assume he is.  If you see this Claiborne, a warm welcome to TxSU!

Back