Tickets Available Now for Nation's Premier Marching Band Showcase
TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Students, alumni and fans of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) rocked the vote for an epic lineup of bands to perform in the 15th Anniversary Honda Battle of the Bands (HBOB) Invitational Showcase on January 28, 2017 at the Georgia Dome.
The 2017 lineup features bands that have historically performed at the annual showcase, plus newcomers who are gearing up for their debut at the marching band event of the year. The following eight bands will perform at the 2017 HBOB Invitational Showcase celebration:
- Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – 4th appearance
- Alabama State University, Mighty Marching Hornets (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – 5th appearance
- Benedict College, Marching Band of Distinction (Southern Intercollegiate AthleticConference) – 1st appearance
- Bethune-Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – 12th appearance
- Jackson State University, Sonic Boom of the South (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – 8th appearance
- North Carolina A&T State University, Blue and Gold Marching Machine (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – 5th appearance
- Texas Southern University, Ocean of Soul (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – 2nd appearance
- Winston-Salem State University, Red Sea of Sound (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association) – 6th appearance
"Honda is excited to have the final eight bands take the field at our fifteenth annual Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase," said Alexandra Warnier, Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility for Honda. "We hope fans will join us for this milestone celebration that promises to deliver some fantastic performances."
Tickets to the HBOB Invitational Showcase are available for purchase on the official website, starting at $10. In addition to performances by the final eight bands, Honda will honor one special nominee with the third annual HBCU Power of Dreams Award at the Invitational Showcase. Students, alumni and fans are invited to nominate exceptional individuals who have gone above and beyond to help their HBCU community. Nominations can be submitted online at hondabattleofthebands.com/power-of-dreams throughNovember 14.
Fans can follow each band's journey to the Georgia Dome via official HBOB social media channels and join the conversation using #HBOB.
- Facebook – Facebook.com/HondaBattleoftheBands
- Twitter – @The_Honda / Twitter.com/The_Honda
- Instagram – @the_honda / Instagram.com/the_honda
- YouTube - 2016 Invitational Showcase Highlights
Honda seeks to be a company that society wants to exist, creating products and technologies that improve the lives of people while minimizing the environmental impacts of its products and business operations to ensure a sustainable future. Honda also is committed to making positive contributions to the communities where it does business, to socially responsible business practices and to the promotion of diversity in its workforce. From Honda's involvement in STEM education and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to its support of pediatric brain tumor research and volunteer efforts by Honda associates – including environmental clean-up activities – Honda believes in giving back to the communities where its associates live and work. Learn more at csr.honda.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161103/435758
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100923/HONDALOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...attle-of-the-bands-celebration-300356627.html
©2016 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.