2016-2017 TSU Tigers Basketball Schedule, Roster, & TV Information [UPDATED 10/27/16]

Another day, another loss to a bad team :mad: We're now leading the SWAC only by a half game over Alcorn who's on an 8-game winning streak. We're not playing like the class of the SWAC and I'd be surprised at this point if we won the regular season, let alone the SWAC Tournament. If we make it through winning both, I have 0 expectations of winning the play-in game in Dayton at this point.

3380179-inspirational-basketball-quotes.jpg

I agree, I was a little surprised we lost to Jackson State. But 0 expectations for a win in post season is fair, that goes for the SWAC Championship too. We're a bit too inconsistent with synergy and execution. But we did sweep PV so I'm proud of that.

Another day, another loss to a bad team :mad: We're now leading the SWAC only by a half game over Alcorn who's on an 8-game winning streak. We're not playing like the class of the SWAC and I'd be surprised at this point if we won the regular season, let alone the SWAC Tournament. If we make it through winning both, I have 0 expectations of winning the play-in game in Dayton at this point.

View attachment 366

Well technically we haven't lost a SWAC game in Texas so maybe we can expect them to sweep the SWAC Championship. The "Star of Texas" has been good to us. But outside that I don't think we will have the possibility of being competitive in the NCAA tournament like with some of our past teams but I will watch of course and still be proud of our boys if we make it.

Well technically we haven't lost a SWAC game in Texas so maybe we can expect them to sweep the SWAC Championship. The "Star of Texas" has been good to us. But outside that I don't think we will have the possibility of being competitive in the NCAA tournament like with some of our past teams but I will watch of course and still be proud of our boys if we make it.
"expect" is something I don't want our guys to be doing... they don't have the hunger like the other teams do. The other teams hear all day about how hyped up TEXAS SOUTHERN is... and then we get manhandled by lowly MVSU and beat by JSU. They have that mentality to upset the Goliath team. We're going in there like we'll beat these fools and then get surprised when they're attacking on all cylinders.

IF we make the tournament, I'd hope we play somewhere at least somewhat close so our fans can go and travel to the game... I'm talking road-trip distance lol, but knowing the selection committee, that's unlikely to happen.

So many guys on the team are brand new and probably don't know that TSU has a target on their back especially when playing fellow SWAC teams. Most SWAC teams have a out of body experience when playing us due to our reputation for excellence.

Nope, the tournament is always far away and they do that on purpose. Low seeds get no love.

Yup... last year it was in in the Northwest. They always play in the #1 seed's region. Jerry Palm's Bracketology I've found to be the most accurate as far as our seeding goes and as of today, they have us playing in the SOUTH region against Baylor. If this holds up, this is where I'd want to play.

With all that being said, I'll make the trip to Dayton this year if that's where we play.

I bet it'll be somewhere like that (no major city which I prefer). Have you heard of any 2017-2018 commits yet?

And we're only one game down from Alcorn, things are close in the regular season title. But we SHOULD win it b/c our hardest games left are at home. Alcorn is on the road for the rest of their games which includes us, Southern, PV so they are likely to lose a couple games.

I bet it'll be somewhere like that (no major city which I prefer). Have you heard of any 2017-2018 commits yet?

And we're only one game down from Alcorn, things are close in the regular season title. But we SHOULD win it b/c our hardest games left are at home. Alcorn is on the road for the rest of their games which includes us, Southern, PV so they are likely to lose a couple games.
I haven't kept my ear as well as @tsuball10 on the commits, so maybe he can chime in.

I think we're half a game up on Alcorn, but regardless... STOP LOSING sh!t teams.

Welp, it was a great season. Looking forward to the exciting new players we get this year. We had to play damn near perfect to beat UNC and we did that the first four minutes lol.

Our chances are way better with a 15,14,13 seed and I'm hopeful we'll get one next year

Welp, it was a great season. Looking forward to the exciting new players we get this year. We had to play damn near perfect to beat UNC and we did that the first four minutes lol.

Our chances are way better with a 15,14,13 seed and I'm hopeful we'll get one next year
Yeah those 0-16 scoring runs killed us.

We're losing the following, but everyone else should be coming back:
Ty Bynum (Sr.)
Dulani Robinson (Sr.)
Stephan Bennett (Gr.)
Marvin Jones (Gr.)
Eric Washington (Sr.)

Oh and Trayvon Reed (R-So.) should be eligible next season. I still think we need another athletic 6-8" or taller to play the 4 alongside Reed at the 5, and of course a deeper bench.

My expectations for next year are to play a lot better as a team, undefeated in conference, and some good non-conference wins.

Back