TSUSports.com: TSU Statement on Men’s Basketball Program

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
TSU VP of Athletics Dr. Charles McClelland
Coach Davis has informed us that he will be stepping down as head coach here at Texas Southern University. Since arriving at TSU Coach Davis has helped establish a basketball program that has consistently competed highly on a national level year in and year out.

The championship and postseason banners that currently hang in our arena will only tell part of the story of the outstanding legacy he leaves behind. We wish him and his entire family well in all of their future endeavors.

A national search to fill the TSU men's basketball head coach position will begin immediately.

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

I don't know if he's actually leaving just yet... nobody is saying an agreement has actually been in place at Detroit-Mercy. This looks like a political move to me. Stay tuned!

It's going to be tough replacing the success Mike Davis has built with the basketball program. I hope most of the players decide to stay. On the flip side with all this success TxSU has probably become the most attractive HBCU basketball job in the country. I'm sure our AD is going to have a nice list of quality coaches interested in the job.

Back