TSUSports.com: NCAA Releases 2015-16 APR Data

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
HOUSTON- On Wednesday, May 10th the NCAA national office released the 2015-16 NCAA Division I Academic Progress Rate data, postseason ineligibility and penalty reports for all NCAA Division I institutions as part of the annual NCAA Division I Academic Performance Program.

For the sixth consecutive year all of the sports programs at Texas Southern University either met or exceeded current NCAA Academic Progress Rate (APR) standards.

This marks the sixth consecutive year in which none of TSU's programs will be subject to APR penalties.

During the 2015-16 academic year a total of three Texas Southern Athletics programs posted perfect scores (1000) with Women's Basketball, Bowling, and Women's Golf setting the academic gold standards for the program.

This marks the most programs (3) to have attained a perfect score in the same academic year since the inception of NCAA's APR.

In addition the Bowling team attained a perfect score (1000) for the fourth consecutive year giving the program an overall APR score of 1000 which is also a first in the history of TSU Athletics.

In all Texas Southern Athletics has graduated over 60 student-athletes during each of the past four academic terms marking another historic accomplishment for the program.

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back