#Tigernation Football Fall 2015

Welp, Asberry is finally gone .... what a great way to start off the week! I can't wait to see who the new prospects are and who our next boss man will be.

I hope Asberry takes his whole staff with him wherever he ends up ... which I'm sure will either be a Division II/III program or high school. He's not DI material

OK they must get this right this time ...... here are my demands.

1) Only coaches with DI experience should be considered
2) Coaches with no NCAA sanctions in their history
3) Great recruiting record
4) Hopefully someone with Texas ties
5) No recycled SWAC Coaches
6) All of Asberry staff must go
7) Promise incentive pay
8) The current players must be part of the selection process
9) A coach must be named by January 15th

OK they must get this right this time ...... here are my demands.

1) Only coaches with DI experience should be considered
2) Coaches with no NCAA sanctions in their history
3) Great recruiting record
4) Hopefully someone with Texas ties
5) No recycled SWAC Coaches
6) All of Asberry staff must go
7) Promise incentive pay
8) The current players must be part of the selection process
9) A coach must be named by January 15th
I agree with 1-5, #6 is going to be dependent on the hire, #7 is a must, I don't think #8 is going to happen, and #9 is a hope so we can get things in order as quickly as possible.

I heard McClelland reads the forums to get in touch with what the fans are saying on occasion so I'm sure he'll see this.

#6) The only staff that might should stay is strength & conditioning since they not really "game coaches". And if it's dependent on the new hire, the old staff is definitely gone. No good coach will willingly inherit a terrible football staff that was below .500 every year. When Asberry got here, he brought a whole new staff so it's the standard.

#7) But the incentives must be high enough to attract an A1 coach. And his salary must be at least $200K annually, according to the article below Asberry was getting paid $185K which was too got damn high for an unproven coach so the next coach needs to get paid at least 200K to clean up the mess he left and paid fairly.
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com.../18202125/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

#8) I'm thinking the team captains will be very instrumental moreso than anyone else, but I feel like the more everyone is involved ... the better the transition. Transparency is key. Also I feel like the alumni leaders should also be involved in the vetting process, we need someone who's likable (unlike Asberry) and understands the importance of appeasing and utilizing alumni

#9) I think it will happen, the TSU head coaching job is an easy sell so I'm sure applications are flying in as we speak. One word ... HOUSTON.

Back