Season preview: Texas Southern SR PF Jose Rodriguez

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
Posted on October 1, 2015 by Jon Teitel

Jose Rodriguez made the big move from the Bronx to the Lone Star State to go to college, and this season he will be 1 of the lone stars on the Texas Southern team. The Tigers only have 8 players on their roster, so they will need Jose to lead by example as 1 of only 2 seniors who will suit up this year. HoopsHD’s Jon Teitel got to chat with Jose about missing an entire season with a knee injury and having 1 of the toughest non-conference schedules in the nation.

You grew up in the Bronx: what made you choose Texas Southern? I had a strong father-figure who told me about Coach Davis, and when I came here on my visit and met him he was great. He was not selling me on a dream: he kept it real and was honest with me.

You play for Coach Mike Davis: what makes him such a good coach, and what is the most important thing that you have ever learned from him? I knew that he would push me to my limits to be the best person in every way both on and off the court. He coaches us about life in addition to basketball. He treats the whole team like grown men and keeps his door open so that we can always come and talk to him. I have learned a lot from this man: many people doubt us but he teaches us to never give up and how we should carry ourselves.

Read the rest: HoopsHD.com

Back