2016 SWAC Football Media Day Central

Nelson

TigerFans Premium

The 2016 Southwestern Athletic Conference Football Media Day will be held at:

Birmingham Marriott
3590 Grandview Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35243
(205) 968-3775

The annual kickoff to the SWAC fooball season - this year's media gathering will feature all 10 head coaches and selected student-athletes in an online audio/video stream.

This year's version of football Media Day will stream live on the SWAC Digital Network beginning at 10:00 a.m. on swac.org. SDN will also include a live audio link slated to broadcast 10:35 a.m.

The league will release the 2016 All-SWAC preseason teams and predicted order of finish during the occasion as well as the conference television and revist the stream broadcast schedule. The 2016 preseason teams will be announced at approximately 10:15 a.m. Use the links below to watch media day live or listen to the broadcast.

SWAC Digital Network-Watch Live

SWAC Digital Network Radio Listen Live

#SWACMD16 #CELEBRATIONBOWL

Schedule

Below are the times the coaches and student-athletes will be available for interviews. Each group will rotate between the 1-on-1 / Table Interview area, Sound Bite - TV standup area, Audio Drops, SWAC Digital Network and SDN Online Radio. Each area is indicated by signage.

2016 SWAC Football Media Day Schedule
2016-07-15 07_41_39-2016 SWAC Football Media Day Central  -.png

Media Credentials
Credentials will be available for pick up on July 15 at 8:15 a.m. prior to the start of media day. Members of the media without a credential issued by the SWAC will not be allowed to attend. Applications for media credentials are available online here.
Photo Opportunities
We are asking for camera crews to arrive for this portion by 9:00 a.m. for the ops and stage session.

Stage Session
The session will begin immediately after the photo ops with an introduction and welcome.

Table Interviews

Six coaches with student-athletes will immediately report to their respective tables in Birmingham III & IV to hold one-on-one / print / table interviews. Video stand ups and sound-bite interviews are not permitted at the table.

Sound Bites / Stand Ups
All soundbites and stand ups from camera crews must be performed in Birmingham V in front of the SWAC or school backdrops. Camera crews can gather footage and B-roll at the tables, but conduct all one-on-one stand-up interviews in front of the back-drops during the coach's scheduled sound-bite slots.

However, if a crew wants a sound bite early during the table interviews, please notify a SWAC administrator before using the non-scheduled time slot. Please use time limit listed. Both student-athletes will accompany coaches for this segment. Lighting will not be provided in the room. This is a quiet area and print / internet media are not permitted.

The list of head coaches and student-athletes participating in SWAC Football Media Day include:
Alabama A&M

James Spady - Head Coach
DeAngel "Tuttie" Ballard (QB • 6‐0 • 200 • Sr. • Macon, Miss.)
Averee Giles (DL • 6‐0 • 345 • jr. • Lilburn, Ga.)

Alabama State

Brian Jenkins - Head Coach
Kourtney Berry (LB• 6-0• 215• Merrillville, Ind.)
Kerry Williams (OL• 6-2• 295• Gaffney, S.C.

Alcorn State

Fred McNair - Head Coach
Lenorris Footman (QB • 6‐0 • 181 • So. • Monticello, Fla.)
Michael Hurns (LB • 6-2 • 194 • Jr. • Cleveland, Miss.

Grambling State

Broderick Fobbs - Head Coach
Justin Miller (OL• 6-4• 305• Sr.• Ruston, La.)
Guy Stallwortth (S• 6-1• 205• Sr.• Gulfport, Miss.)

Jackson State

Tony Hughes - Head Coach
LaMontiez Ivy (QB• 6-3• 225• SR• East St. Louis, Ill.)
Javancy Jones (6-2• 230• SR• Macon, Miss.)

Mississippi Valley State

Rick Comegy - Head Coach
Booker Chambers (WR • 5-9 • 175 • Greenwood, Miss.)
Alvin Soloman (OL • 6-2 • 305 • Bessemer, Ala.)

Prairie View A&M

Willie Simmons - Prairie View A&M
Trey Green (QB• 6-3 • 220• Sr. • Beaumont, Texas)
Marquice O'Leary (Rov • 5-11 • 200 • Sr. • Fontana, Calif.)

Southern

Dawson Odums - Head Coach
Aaron Tiller (DE • 6-1 • 237 • Jr.• Columbus, Ohio)
Lenard Tiller (RB • 5-10• 186 • Sr. • Baton Rouge, La.

Texas Southern

Mike Haywood - Head Coach
Jay Christophe (QB • 6‐4 • 205 • Sr. • Addis, La.)
Jarius Moore (LB • 6-5 • 220 • Sr. • (Houston, Texas)

Arkansas‐Pine Bluff

Monte Coleman - Head Coach
Nolan Sorenson (QB • 6-4 • 220 • Jr. • Clovis, Calif.)
David White (DB • 6-2 • 180 • R-Jr. • Baton Rouge, La.)

Is there a recorded version?

The 2016 Southwestern Athletic Conference Football Media Day will be held at:

Birmingham Marriott
3590 Grandview Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35243
(205) 968-3775

The annual kickoff to the SWAC fooball season - this year's media gathering will feature all 10 head coaches and selected student-athletes in an online audio/video stream.

This year's version of football Media Day will stream live on the SWAC Digital Network beginning at 10:00 a.m. on swac.org. SDN will also include a live audio link slated to broadcast 10:35 a.m.

The league will release the 2016 All-SWAC preseason teams and predicted order of finish during the occasion as well as the conference television and revist the stream broadcast schedule. The 2016 preseason teams will be announced at approximately 10:15 a.m. Use the links below to watch media day live or listen to the broadcast.

SWAC Digital Network-Watch Live

SWAC Digital Network Radio Listen Live

#SWACMD16 #CELEBRATIONBOWL

Schedule

Below are the times the coaches and student-athletes will be available for interviews. Each group will rotate between the 1-on-1 / Table Interview area, Sound Bite - TV standup area, Audio Drops, SWAC Digital Network and SDN Online Radio. Each area is indicated by signage.

2016 SWAC Football Media Day Schedule

Media Credentials
Credentials will be available for pick up on July 15 at 8:15 a.m. prior to the start of media day. Members of the media without a credential issued by the SWAC will not be allowed to attend. Applications for media credentials are available online here.
Photo Opportunities
We are asking for camera crews to arrive for this portion by 9:00 a.m. for the ops and stage session.

Stage Session
The session will begin immediately after the photo ops with an introduction and welcome.

Table Interviews

Six coaches with student-athletes will immediately report to their respective tables in Birmingham III & IV to hold one-on-one / print / table interviews. Video stand ups and sound-bite interviews are not permitted at the table.

Sound Bites / Stand Ups
All soundbites and stand ups from camera crews must be performed in Birmingham V in front of the SWAC or school backdrops. Camera crews can gather footage and B-roll at the tables, but conduct all one-on-one stand-up interviews in front of the back-drops during the coach's scheduled sound-bite slots.

However, if a crew wants a sound bite early during the table interviews, please notify a SWAC administrator before using the non-scheduled time slot. Please use time limit listed. Both student-athletes will accompany coaches for this segment. Lighting will not be provided in the room. This is a quiet area and print / internet media are not permitted.

The list of head coaches and student-athletes participating in SWAC Football Media Day include:
Alabama A&M

James Spady - Head Coach
DeAngel "Tuttie" Ballard (QB • 6‐0 • 200 • Sr. • Macon, Miss.)
Averee Giles (DL • 6‐0 • 345 • jr. • Lilburn, Ga.)

Alabama State

Brian Jenkins - Head Coach
Kourtney Berry (LB• 6-0• 215• Merrillville, Ind.)
Kerry Williams (OL• 6-2• 295• Gaffney, S.C.

Alcorn State

Fred McNair - Head Coach
Lenorris Footman (QB • 6‐0 • 181 • So. • Monticello, Fla.)
Michael Hurns (LB • 6-2 • 194 • Jr. • Cleveland, Miss.

Grambling State

Broderick Fobbs - Head Coach
Justin Miller (OL• 6-4• 305• Sr.• Ruston, La.)
Guy Stallwortth (S• 6-1• 205• Sr.• Gulfport, Miss.)

Jackson State

Tony Hughes - Head Coach
LaMontiez Ivy (QB• 6-3• 225• SR• East St. Louis, Ill.)
Javancy Jones (6-2• 230• SR• Macon, Miss.)

Mississippi Valley State

Rick Comegy - Head Coach
Booker Chambers (WR • 5-9 • 175 • Greenwood, Miss.)
Alvin Soloman (OL • 6-2 • 305 • Bessemer, Ala.)

Prairie View A&M

Willie Simmons - Prairie View A&M
Trey Green (QB• 6-3 • 220• Sr. • Beaumont, Texas)
Marquice O'Leary (Rov • 5-11 • 200 • Sr. • Fontana, Calif.)

Southern

Dawson Odums - Head Coach
Aaron Tiller (DE • 6-1 • 237 • Jr.• Columbus, Ohio)
Lenard Tiller (RB • 5-10• 186 • Sr. • Baton Rouge, La.

Texas Southern

Mike Haywood - Head Coach
Jay Christophe (QB • 6‐4 • 205 • Sr. • Addis, La.)
Jarius Moore (LB • 6-5 • 220 • Sr. • (Houston, Texas)

Arkansas‐Pine Bluff

Monte Coleman - Head Coach
Nolan Sorenson (QB • 6-4 • 220 • Jr. • Clovis, Calif.)
David White (DB • 6-2 • 180 • R-Jr. • Baton Rouge, La.)

Unfortunately the (the swac) hasn't allowed it to go up on their swac digital network. They had it going live so I'm sure it's stored there. Incompetence I'm sure.

Unfortunately the (the swac) hasn't allowed it to go up on their swac digital network. They had it going live so I'm sure it's stored there. Incompetence I'm sure.
lol it's all good, I don't really care to be honest. all hype talk, i wanna see results.

West:
1) TSU - I'm biased of course but we have an amazing coach and I think he has some tricks up his sleeve. D. Griffin is the best wide receiver in the SWAC, I THINK I like the quarterback prospects, and the coaching staff resumes are pretty impressive.
2) Prairie View A&M - I think the excitement around their new stadium will bring the best out of them and plus they are a well-coached team. But also all that excitement can turn out to be a major distraction ... we'll see.
3) Grambling State - Quality team and coach. They'll definitely land in one of the top 3 spots in the West.
4) SU - They're not in contention for the SWAC Championship so the players are not as motivated to play in my opinion. Down year for them.
5) UAPB - Just they've been irrelevant for most of their existence in the SWAC, shit ain't gone change this year.

East:
1) Jackson State - I feel like they're ready for a comeback. Plus I would love to play them the most in the SCG. JSU fans travel well, are fun and passionate which makes it all the better when we beat them in the Championship game. If JSU beat Tennessee State in the Southern Heritage Classic, they will be #1 in the East.
2) Alcorn - They're not a disciplined team, just very talented. I think the success has gone to their head which means it is down hill from here
3) Alabama St - They have a good number of FBS transfers and recruits but just been plagued with inconsistencies.
4) AAMU - Don't know much about them but I doubt they will be above .500
5) MVSU - They don't have the resources to be competitive in the SWAC for football

Last edited:
Back